In this blog, I’m going to be talking about some DIY Mothers Day gift ideas, and snack ideas, that you will enjoy making for your mom and that your mom will love it too. These DIY’s are pretty easy and pretty creative and will be something your mom would love.
This first DIY is really easy to make, fun and is a great gift to give your Mom for Mothers day.
What you need is…
- Shoe laces or any type of thick string (bright colors or any colors)
What you do now is follow the steps in the picture below and make sure that the necklace, or bracelet, fits correctly on your mom by maybe measuring her wrist.
This next DIY gift is going to need a little help from an adult if you’re a kid because you will need a few more supplies then the first DIY.
What you’ll need is…
- Piece of wood (that is square shaped) 🌳
- String(a lot)
- Spray paint
- Box of nails
- Pencil ✏
- First, spray paint the piece of wood the color you want ( I would choose a plain color that doesn’t pop out so the strings color pops out more)
- Next ,after the paint is dry, you have to lightly draw the heart as big as you want to depend on the size of the board.
- Now you hammer the nails on the outline of the heart and separate them about an inch or less apart.
- Take your string and tie a knot on the head of one of the nails and start stringing the string around the nails, and also make sure to make an outline with the string so that it pops out more.
This next DIY is something every mother will enjoy and use to relax and I hope your mom will like this and that you’ll enjoy making it.
What you need is…
- Basket ( link to heart basket here)
- Some things to relax like bath bombs, bath soap, etc.
- Mini gifts like jewelry, nail polish, or makeup supplies(beauty supplies)
- Bow to decorate basket
- Some of her favorite candies
Now all you do is put your items in the basket and write a little note for your mom.
This Next DIY is a mothers day snack that is so delicious and pretty easy to make. This DIY snack could also be put in your basket.
What you need is…
- 15 Nutter Butter cookies
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 20 ounces of pink confectionery coating/ candy melts
Special equipment needed…
- #70 Mini ice cream scoop (or spoon)
- Rotary-style cheese grater
- parchment paper lined baking sheets that can fit in your freezer
- paper towels
- First, Pull apart the two cookies and scrape the filling out with a spoon or a spatula
- Then, combine the peanut butter, unsalted butter, whipping cream and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 sec. stir. heat for 20 sec. if the butter is not melted then put in the microwave for 10-second increments then keep stirring until it’s thick.
3. Now add the powdered sugar and mix it together. Then grave your mini ice cream scoop and scoop ( about 2 teaspoons big)some of the peanut butter and then roll into a ball
4. Now, you use the tip of your fingers to make them into the form of a slipper-like the pictures above^
5. Then with 4 ounces of the candy melts grate them and put them on the separate plate.
6. Melt 16 ounces of the pink candy melts then dip the top of the cookies and put some of the grated candy melts on top.
Finally, you put them in the freezer for 5 min. and put them in an air-tight container.
This last DIY is a video and it’s by one of my favorite bakers, Rosanna Pansino.
Thanks for reading this blog and I hope you try these ideas for your mom.